Cybercrimes are a constant threat as criminals seek to take advantage of online users. The COVID-19 pandemic is no...
Cyber Crime Statistics 2019Cyber Crimes
Cyber crimes are growing at a rapid pace. Below are cyber crime statistics you should know about:
- Cyber crimes are the fastest growing crime in the United States
- More than 2 billion person records are stolen every year
- The average number of security breaches per organization was 145 in 2018
- The average number of security breaches in 2018 grew by 11% from 2017
- The average cost of cybercrime was $13.0 million
- The average cost of cybercrime grew 12% from 2017 to 2018.
- Cybercrime will cost the world over $6 trillion annually by 2021
- Every 11 seconds, a business will become a victim of a ransomware attack by the year 2021
- Web attacks were up 56% in 2018 [Symantec]
- One in 10 URLs are malicious [Symantec]
- The average number of websites compromised with formjacking code each month is 4,818. (formjacking is where a form on a website captures your personal data as you submit it to an online order form and transmits it to data thieves) [Symantec].
- 48% of malicious email attachments are office files.
- The number of attack groups using destructive malware grew by 25% in 2018 [Symantec].
- Data for a single stolen credit card sells for up to $45 on underground markets.
Cyber Crime Statistic Charts
Average Annual Cost of Cybercrime by Country
The United States leads the way when it comes to cybercrimes by country.
The annual cost of cybercrime by industry in 2018 vs 2017
As we can see, the annual cost of cybercrime is growing in all sectors. Understandably, the industry ranked #1 for annual cybercrime by volume in 2018 is the banking industry.
There are currently no comments.